Unoffendable 4 (7/14/19)
Introduction: There are products we enjoy that have a special ingredient, known only to its makers.This morning we are going to look at 3 ingredients to live an unoffendable life.
#1. Be transformed, not conformed. (Romans 12:1,2)
- In view of God’s mercy…. IN response to who God is and what God has done is to willingly lay down our lives.
- Don’t get sucked into the craziness of the world we’re surrounded by. Instead choose to allow the Holy Spirit to transform you from the inside out.
- The goal is to be more like Jesus; who laid his life down & who lived unoffendable.
#2. Be Humble not Arrogant. (Romans 12:3,4)
“Whatever anyone else has done to me, I stand just as guilty.”– Brant Hansen
- The moment we humbly admit – we do not have it all together, everything changes in the way we relate to the people around us. It makes me more unoffendable.
- Pride is easily offended. (Matthew 15)
#3. Be Merciful not Revengeful (Romans 12:14,17-21)
- How different would our world be without revenge?
Common Traits of Merciful People
- They don’t seek revenge
- They are not pugnacious
- They are not harsh and don’t wish the worse for people
#4. Only possible when we learn to trust God and his character.
- Direct correlation between our ability to trust God and to live in an unoffendable and peaceful way.
- It’s saying, “God I believe you are bigger than…” “God…you are in control.”
- It is trusting that there is nothing that has been taken from you that God can’t redeem, restore, renew – either in this life or in the life to come.
The Benefits of Living Unoffendable
- You will find rest in releasing your right to revenge
- You will begin to attract people rather than repel them.