This or That – Making Great Decisions (6/24/18)
“Life is a sum of all your choices”. So, what are you doing today?”– Albert Camus
- You are going to experience a lot of pain in your life. (John 16:33)
- Much of the time is not your fault.
- Some pain is within your control.
- This or That? You get to choose your pain.
Discipline: “choosing between what you want most and what you want now.”
Choosing the pain of Discipline over the pain of Regret (Romans 7:15-19,24-25)
- How difficult it is to do what’s right.
- On our own, over time we are prone to making wrong choices.
- Who can help me? The answer is in Jesus Christ.
Journeying with the Apostle Paul: The Race (I Corinthians 9:24-28)
- Run to win.
- You must be disciplined in training. (I Corinthians 9:25)
- We run not to receive a temporary reward.
- We run to honor and glorify the one who gave his life for us. (Hebrews 12:1)
Two Determining Questions
- What do you want most in your life right now?
- What do you need to choose now to achieve what you want most?
Running with purpose in every step.
- Ill. – the yard
- The more vulnerable you are in a certain area, the more you need to walk with purpose.
Christ in Me: the source of power, strength, courage (Philippians 4:13)
- If you do not do something NOW about what you want MOST, that will most likely become your greatest regret.
- The greatest way to deal with regret is by choosing discipline
- Christ is stronger than the wrong desires in me. (Philippians 3:13)
God is a redeeming God.