This or That – Making Great Decisions – The Decision that Matters Most (7/15/18)
This or That
The Decision that Matters Most
Introduction: We are all decision–makers.
- The decision that matters most: Who or what are you going to follow?
- We all give our ultimate allegiance to somebody. This is called a master value,
- We have been conditioned by our society to embrace both/and rather than either/or.
- We tend to idolize our freedom of choices. But life doesn’t work that way.
- There are situations which require an either/or response.
Each of us has a little altar in our hearts.
- The call to full commitment to God brings people into the valley of decision.
–Moses: Deuteronomy 30:19
–Joshua: Joshua 24:15
–Jesus: Matthew 6:24
The Valley of Decision (Joel 3:10)
- The Day of the Lord: justice is coming.
- God is going to judge all nations.
- Two Images of how God tracks evil in the world.
-a book (Revelation 20:12)
-a bottle (Psalm 56:8)
- God will be a refuge for his people (Joel 3:16)
God’s Decision: The Cross
- The Invitation of Jesus: Will you follow me?
- This is NOT a both/and decision. It is an either/or decision.
- (Decision card) Today I choose to ______________________.