The Importance of Children
Matthew 18:1-6, 10-14
Children weren’t very important in that culture.
1. Children are most likely to become fully devoted followers of Christ
“Whoever humbles himself like this little child…”
- Children are dependant
- Children know their needs
- They are most likely to become great in the kingdom
2. When you open your heart to a child, you open your heart to Christ.
v.5 “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”
The most effective churches are those who re the most intentional about reaching and discipling children. -George Barna
v.6 “But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”
Children are the most vulnerable members of society.
3. Reaching lost people, including children, is God’s highest priority.
A story with a twist v10-14
4. God uses the young to serve his purpose.
“Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”