Search & Rescue – Jim/Class Final (3/3/19)
A Model of Confession- The Prodigal Son
I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have
- sinned against heaven
- and before you.
- I am no longer worthy to be called your son.
- Treat me as one of your hired servants
- It is a sin against God
- It is a sin before you (against the other person)
- It does not demand the relationship be restored normal
- It is doing things to show them that this will not happen again.
Confession: Only when you sin against someone? No. (Hebrews 3:13)
To whom do you need to confess?
- Whom do we Rescue? People who have wandered from the truth
- It’s when you see a pattern of coldness, indifference toward God, moving away from other believers, from church – Search & Rescue!
- Who Rescues Search and Rescue is the job of every Christian
Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his ways…
- Why Rescue
Will save his soul from death
How to Rescue
- Be grieved over their wandering.
- Cover over their offense
Ch 5 v20 “For the one who restores the sinning believer back to God from the error of his way, …covers over countless sins by their demonstration of love!” (TPT)
- Remember Jesus – the true elder brother (Luke 15)
We have a seeking Lord who loves the one stray sheep, the one lost coin & the lost son.
When you go after a person who has wandered away, you represent the true elder brother. (Jesus)He came and rescued you.That is why you go to rescue them.
March 14, 2019
February 24, 2019
February 20, 2019