– Visits by the right people at the right time can make a huge difference
– A visitation is when the Sovereign God breaks into our lives and we are changed by that encounter.
Palm Sunday: A Day of Applause
– When a king or a general came in peace, they rode a donkey.
– The Lord has need for it. Common practice that when somebody important needed to make an entrance.
– The people expected a regime change. Jesus would come as the Suffering Servant not the conquering King.
– Sometimes our expectations cause us to miss the moment.
– While Jesus deserved the response of the crowd, there were those who wanted him to rebuke his followers.
– Jesus’ response: If they don’t, creation will worship me. Creation is more aware of this visitation than you are!
– His Day of Applause would be short-lived because Jesus’ throne was a cross.
Why does God visit us?
– To bless and/or encourage us
– To confront us
– To save us
“There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made known through Jesus Christ.” – Blaise Pascal
– To wrap up human history
– To offer us an opportunity to respond; do not miss it!
– According to the Scriptures – Every person on the planet receives a God-visit.
– Accepting his invitation to become a follower of Jesus is not the end, but the beginning of God-visits.
– Live in expectation of visitations from God