I Corinthians 5:18-21
Screens influence the way we live. Use your screen to tell God’s story.
I. God’s story
A. Reconciled: Relational Understanding
- What we do when a close relationship is wounded; we pull away, sever, cut off communication.
- The Bible describes our relationship with God as UN-reconciled because of sin, selfishness and ignorance.
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- What God did? Initiated, to make it right between us. How? By sending Jesus to sacrifice his life on the Cross, providing forgiveness.
v. 18-19 God, through Christ reconciled us to himself. In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them.
- To those who respond to God’s gracious offer: “If anyone is in Christ he/she is a new creation, the old is gone, the new is here!”
- As a new creation, you receive a new kind, a new quality of life: eternal life.
“Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)
B. Reconciled: Fiscal Understanding
- Reconciled is an accounting term involving debt and satisfaction of that debt
- Sin creates a debit. We all sin.
- Most faith systems teach that in order to be reconciled, you must work off the debt.
- The Christian faith is not spelled D-O. It is spelled D-O-N-E.
- What God did: 2 Cor 5:21 He who knew no sin, became sin for us that we could become the righteousness of God in Christ.
- Words from the Cross: “It is finished” =lit. “The debt has been paid”
II. Reconciled: Now What?
- Once you have been reconciled to God, you have an assignment: Share God’s story.
And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
- an outsider in the land they are living.
- Primary allegiance/loyalty is not to the land where they are living, but to the country they are representing.
- Is a representative of his/her king to represent the policies and values of his/her home country.
- An ambassador lives in an embassy – he/she helps those who wish to emigrate to his country.
III. How to share God’s story (Share your Screen)
- Identify God’s story in your life
B.C. What was your life before Christ
T.P. What was the turning point?
A.D. What difference has it made?
If you had not, what would life had been like?
Take a moment to reflect on the 3 questions.
In the coming week, record your testimony and post it on your Facebook account.
How To:One Minute Testimony Video