Fervent: “passionate enthusiasm”
- Whatever you are fervent about – you are invested in.
- What are you fervent about?
“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” A.W.Tozer
- The most reliable source for information about God is God himself.
- As we look at the Scriptures, one of the words used to describe God is a picture: God is our Rock.
1. God – the Rock that doesn’t MOVE, that doesn’t CHANGE. Dt. 32:3,4
- Always there…always the same.
- Because God is a rock, I have a firm foundation for my life.
- What is your life built on? Matthew 7:24-27
God is the Rock that doesn’t roll.
2.God – the Rock that provides PROTECTION Psalm 31:1-5
- When David thought of God as a rock, he had in mind a fortress, impregnable and invincible.
- Because God is a rock, I have a stronghold in times of trouble.
- God as a rock assumes that there will be trouble.
- Experiencing what we have believed by faith Psalm 31:2,3
“Hear my cry, Oh God, listen to my prayer; from the ends of the earth I call to you; I call as my heart grows faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.”
Psalm 61: 1-3